Finding good tailors in Dubai is not so hard if you know what to look for. If you do not, it could be a bit challenging. But we will help you with that. Some people may say that one tailor is just as good as the next and this could not be further from the truth. There are several things that make a tailor great and you should not settle for average. You are meant to stand out or, at the very least, look dashing. There are also those who are super picky and would notice every little details. Of course, that is a good thing. You should let your tailor know what it is precisely that you want and need.
So, how do you find great tailors in Dubai especially if you have just moved to the city and have absolutely no idea where to go? Here are some tips.
- Do some research. As with everything nowadays, you certainly need to do some things on your own. If you know a couple of people who wear great suits, ask them who their tailors are. It would be better if you ask a guy whose suit you really like. You can also search good ol’ Google. Dubai is a city that has almost everything online. Get a couple of ideas and ask your friends about it.
- Call tailors in Dubai over the phone and test them a little. When you are done with your list and have all the phone numbers, call each one of them and ask questions. There should be one or two that should stand out from the rest.
- Visit the store of the ones you liked on the phone. When one is doing business, they should have a store that is clean and organized. You would not want to work with someone who can’t seem to organize his own store. Presentation is always important.
- Bring a suit that does not fit you well and you won’t feel sorry if it is ruined. As part of the test, put on the suit for them and ask them to alter a part. You will know that a tailor is exceptional if he notices other imperfections on your suit and suggests more alterations. A suit should drape nicely and properly on you.
- Go back to the shop with another suit and ask for another alteration but do not wait too long. Notice if they remember you, your name or your preferences. A good tailor should commit to memory the style of his clients and should be able to predict what they need. Building a relationship with clients is also of the utmost importance.
A tailor is one of the people that will help you in your image so it is crucial that you choose someone that fits you and your personality. Check us out at Regent and Brummell.